The Prairielands Groundwater Conservation District is seeking qualified individuals for the following position(s):
Position: Field Technician, Full-time (Non-Exempt)
Immediate Supervisor: Field Operations Coordinator
Salary: $35,000 - $45,000; Commensurate with Experience
Prairielands Groundwater Conservation District is accepting applications for the position of Field Technician. This position works closely with field and permitting staff to ensure proper permitting and documentation of groundwater/surface water use as well as verifying accuracy of well permits, communicating with well registrants on compliance issues, verifying well locations, meters and pumpage; and verifying and enhancing the District’s well permit database.
• Identify and evaluates well permits for accuracy and resolve issues as needed;
• Perform field inspections as needed for meter readings, wells and verify in compliance;
• Identify unpermitted wells and perform investigations. Sends notices for compliance;
• Maintain a current inventory of field equipment on hand as well as a need to order inventory list;
• Ensure timely maintenance of field equipment and vehicles for safety standards;
• Develop and file reports concerning performance of field activities and services provided;
• Apply basic principles of groundwater conservation and highly knowledgeable of the Rules of the District and of their application to all affected parties;
• Provide on-site technical support in areas of water conservation to help reduce overall water consumption; and
• Provide quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
• Assist in day to day operations of the Prairielands Groundwater Conservation District in areas of compliance and permitting;
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalency; comparable job experience considered;
• Basic knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Office; Preference given to GIS software.
• Ability to read legal descriptions/maps and locate specific points of interests on maps and in the field.
• Valid Driver’s License and above average driving record.
• Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
• Must have personable nature, possess good customer service qualities, and be
able to work under pressure and deadlines.
• Strong communication skills are required, both written and verbal.
• Should possess above average organizational skills and abilities.
• Ability to lift 50-100 pounds
• Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions
• Must be able to pass a drug screen.
Applications: Please submit resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org; US Mail
to: ATTN: General Manager, PO Box 3128, Cleburne, TX 76033
Deadline: Resumes will be accepted until qualified applicant is selected.
Prairielands Groundwater Conservation District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.